I am delighted to welcome you and your son or daughter to Oak Wood School in what it seems are very strange times. We place great importance on using transition to get to know our new students and their families and I want to reassure you that despite the current situation we will do everything possible to make the transition to Oak Wood as smooth as we possibly can.
Obviously, our transition process will be affected by the current COVID-19 restrictions but there are a number of ways we will be preparing for a smooth start in September:
- Contacting primary schools to gather as much information as possible from Year 6 teachers
- Asking students to complete an ‘All About Me’ project, which will be used in their first term at Oak Wood
- Asking families to complete an ‘All About Us’ survey, so we know how we can work best together
- Running an Induction Day for Year 7 in September
- Celebrating a successful start at Oak Wood School with an Autumn Celebration Evening
- Enrichment Days focusing on some of the key skills needed for success at secondary school
The transition programme for September 2020 will be very different to what we are used to due to the COVID-19 situation. We are hoping to provide you with as much information as possible so please use the tabs and links on the website to access key information.